Horror Harp is a sampled 100-year-old lap harp that I inherited from my wife‘s grandmother. When I learned about its heritage–that it had been strung with guitar strings during the 1920’s Great Depression era–I had to record it! With cracked and scratched antique wood, this atonal instrument rattles and growls with distinct character. This harp has been bowed, knocked, stabbed, whacked, plucked, strummed, and punished to produce horrific one-of-a-kind sounds you’ve never heard before. Horror Harp will add a unique flavor to your next horror score.
New Features in v2.0
- 7 patches to torture listeners with:
- Bows: scratches, whacks, & tremolos that will drive you insane
- Knocks: knocks on the wooden body of the harp
- Metals: screwdrivers full of hatred
- Plucks (Natural): enjoy the natural detuned spectacle of this harp
- Plucks (Tuned): for those who want a more pleasant sound
- Strums: what this harp was born for
- Woods: angry drum sticks
- Cutoff knob to control lowpass filter amount
- Resonance knob to control lowpass filter resonance
Shimmer knob to add a hellish reverb to the mix (with additional octave harmonics)
- Tube Saturation knob to add a gritty distortion
- Chorus knob to control the amount of stereo presence
Reverse keyswitch (D0 on keyboard) to transform this harp into hellish soundscapes / Return to Normal playback by pressing C0 on keyboard
- Visual Waveform of every sample
- 484 MB download file size.
- Requires full-version Kontakt 5.8.1 or higher
- Includes WAV folder of all samples
Horror Harp certainly delivers on its namesake. Almost every sample is abrasive & unsettling. The few that aren't are disturbing & eerie. An absolutely unique library with a variety of uses . . . Horror scoring being the most obvious
Great instrument both for horror and for harp itself!
I just downloaded it, its very great and sounds are very clear thank you for this plugin