Beard Blade Toolkit is a collection of 44 sample instruments I crafted while composing the Beard Blade video game soundtrack. These 16-bit orchestral patches have been bit-crushed, down-sampled, and treated to sound like authentic Super Nintendo and Game Boy Advance instruments out-of-the-box. Composing 16-bit retro game music has never been so easy!
Features in v2.0:
- 44 orchestral patches crafted in the 16-bit video game style
- 7 multis featuring useful large combos of patches
- BitCrusher knob to down-sample each instrument to your liking
- Reverb knob to give your instrument a lush sound
- Chorus knob to fatten your instrument from Mono to Stereo
- Delay Amount knob to control how much delay is applied
- Delay 32nds to control how many 32nd notes worth of tempo-synced delay to add to your instrument
- Vibrato control with the Mod Wheel
- Legato scripting on solo patches
3.84 GB download file size.
- Requires full-version Kontakt 5.8.1 or higher
- Includes Legacy v1.3 of Beard Blade Toolkit (for Kontakt 6.4.2)
I got this along with the Monster Sanctuary Toolkit for a fantastic price. I just started to get into game music about 6 months ago, as my prior experience has been in film music, and really wanted some out of the box sounds for 16-bit game music. The pack gives me what I need without having to spend time creating my own sounds. Excellent library and Steven is such a giving person and incredible resource, so glad to give him some my money, since he gives so much of his knowledge for free.
It sounds good and is very useful!
Great toolkit with an easy to use interface. There is everything you need for this retro-gaming-style and it's still compatible with modern sounding libraries. Nice!
Easy to use, and has a wide variety of instruments to chose from. It is very easy to capture and create a classic video game sound!!
These instruments are so much fun to play and compose with! They are great for upbeat RPG settings as well as intense and gritty boss music.